Question
Posted by: Rosy | 2009-02-24

Bleeding - early pregnancy

I have just found out that i am pregnant, my last period was on the 17-01-2009 and when it didnt come in Feb I did the test around the 19th of Feb and it was positive. Not sure of how many weeks i am currently, I have managed to only get an appointment on 9 March hence the description above.
My problem is on the 23-02-2009 I noticed a little blood when I went to the toilet, is this what they call spotting. They say that spotting occurs on the date of when the period should be which should have been around 16 or 17 Feb, do I have anything to worry about. It was only that I saw the blood that one time, nothing after that. Kindly advise.

You are just over 5 weeks pregnant. ANy bleeding in pregnancy should be checked out. Try to get an earlier appointment.

2
Posted by: SLD | 2009-02-24

This is probably implantation bleeding as this occurs three or so weeks in if it hasnt happened again and you dont have bad cramps with bleeding it should be ok. If you very worried try speak to your GP.

S

Reply to SLD
Posted by: happy | 2009-02-24

i bled from about 5 weeks along until i miscarried in October 2008. now i am preg again, and had my last period on 9 feb yet i was already preg. i am on progesterone. i think you shud see the doctor asap.

Reply to happy