Question
Posted by: anon | 2009/03/18

Bleeding during sex

I recently switched contraceptive pills (from Melodene to Yasmin) because I was experiencing what I thought to be " spotting"  while having sex with my boyfriend. My doctor didn' t seem too concerned that it could be caused by anything else except that the Melodene wasn' t strong enough for me. I have now been taking the Yasmin for just over a week and experienced the bleeding during sex again...it was quite a substantial amount of blood on both occasions but subsided the next day. Could there be other possible causes to this bleeding or could this just be " spotting" ?

It could indicate a problem with the cervix. I would suggest that you have a pap smear and internal examination.
.Best wishes