Posted by: liezle | 2009-04-06

bleeding during normal?

how normal is light spotting during early pregnancy? I am almost 9 weeks and got the fright of my life when I started spotting last week thursday and friday.. went to my gyea immediatly, said the baby is strong. But I went out of my mind...thought I was miscarrying...
just want to know what causes it? what is normal

It is not normal, but more than 80% of the time it will settle and carry on with a normal pregnancy. It is called a threatened miscarriage.

Posted by: Bianca | 2009-09-23

I have heard about a blood test for cervical cancer called Cervical Specified Antigen. I am over 40 and would like to know if I could just get the blood test and my mammogram and breast ultrasound each year. I still go to the gynae reguarly and he checks my breasts, is this necessary as I have to go for ultrasound and mammogram anyway, and if he could do the blood test then he may not need to do a papsmear either.

Reply to Bianca
Posted by: Nicky | 2009-04-07

during pregnancy your cerix is softer then it is when you' re not pregnant. therefore it is more likely to rupture tiny little blood vessels within it and this is what then causes the spotting. Intercourse could also lead to spotting. Although not all spotting is harmful it should not go unreported to your gynae.

Reply to Nicky
Posted by: Buhle | 2009-04-06

I was 6 weeks when it happened i freacked and went to the hospital that night as I was cramping I was then called for an altrasount the next day i was told everything is fine no complications and was told its normal but if it increases to maybe three teaspoons a day I must get worried. Good Luck

Reply to Buhle