Question
Posted by: Sam | 2008/11/03

Bleeding &  spotting before period is due

Hi. I' ve left my pills (Triphasil) in July this year. Was taking them for 6 yrs. Ever since then ,my period has been very irregular. It comes every month but only lasts 2 days max. There is also bleeding &  spotting aleast 2 weeks before it' s due. Never had this before. At first I thought it might be a reaction coz I was on pill for so long, but now I' m not so sure.
What could this be, please help me cause I' m very worried now.
Thanks.

It may be that there is an underlying problem with your uterus or ovaries which was masked by the Pill. You should see your gynaecologist.