Question
Posted by: Conny | 2010/07/07

bleeding AGAIN

My previous period ended little more than a week ago and now I''m bleeding again. Not spotting, a proper period. I''m 48, not using any hormone pills but I do use blood-pressure pills and anti-depressants. Is this just normal peri-menopause hormonal disturbance or should I go and see a doctor? I have had shorter cycles than normal lately, with only 2 weeks off between periods sometimes, but this is ridiculous.

thanks for your advice.

You should see a doctor. In menopause your periods should get lighter and further apart.

2

Posted by: sue | 2010/07/09

I had the same thing last year. My doc put me on the pill (Yaz) which sorted out the problems, but a few months later Istarted with night sweats and ho flushe in the day (I''m 40). After blood tests, they found that my estrogen was pretty much zero, so I''m on hormones now, and everything is going smoohly.
You are atthe right age for menopause to start kicking in, so go to your doc and have your hormone levels checked. You dont need to go through the 2 week cycles and all that.

Reply to sue