Question
Posted by: Karen | 2010-01-10

Bleeding after urination

Hi...I'  m 28 and not on the pill. It'  s around 4 days before my period is due and last night and tonight after urination there'  s been quite a lot of blood,but not any noticeable blood IN my urine. I have no stomach cramps so I know it'  s not my actual period coming early. What could the cause be?? I'  m kinda nervous and am not registered with a doctor as I ve recently moved.

Dear Karen
It could be coming from the bladder wall so I think you should have the urine tested anyway (go to a pharmacy with a clinic sister if there isn't a GP nearby) You may need antibiotics

2
Posted by: anxious | 2010-01-11

You wont necessarily see blood in your urine with the naked eye that' s why you should definitely have a urine test to be sure. Blood in urine can be a serious problem and should never be ignored. You could well have a bladder/kidney infection or a possible kidney stone. You period could, of course, be starting earlier than you expect. Either ask your nearest pharmacy about a doctor you could consult or go to a hospital casualty dept. Rather have this checked out before you could be dealing with far more serious problems.

Make sure your urine sample goes for lab *MC& S testing as this is far more thorough than just a dip stick test.

* MC& S = microscopy, culture &  sensitivity

Reply to anxious
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-01-11

Dear Karen

Reply to cyberdoc