Posted by: TPM | 2013-01-20

Bleeding after sex?

I lost my virginity about 2 1/2 years ago and bled quite a lot immediately afterwards and then for about 3 days after. I haven''t had sex again. I am in a relationship now and we are planning to have sex soon, do you think I will bleed again? I don''t think its too romantic to have to run to the bathroom as soon as we''re finished to insert a tampon!! If you think I will bleed again, will it be as heavy?

It must have been distressing to experience as much bleeding as what you described and seems more than most. I dont think that you should have the same experience again but if you do it may be a good idea to have a medical examination to find out what has caused the excessive blood loss.