Question
Posted by: Angela | 2012/08/20

Bleeding after sex

For the past two years i have been bleeding after sex usually say 2 to 3 days later. I have been to the Gynae and he has given me medication and removed a polyp about 4 months ago. The last treatmnet 6 weeks ago was for a yeast infection. But after the treatment i still bled. I am really getting depressed about this as i am now 40 and want to fall pregnant for the last time. I have been married for 12 years now and we have a 4 year old.

i simply cant have a normal sex life now and dread my husband''s return from his business trips. I am now having to train my body to suppress sexual desire just to avoid infecting my husband.

I hope you can help me.

If you hve a yeast infection which is causing the bleeding then you and your husband both need to be treated. Thereafter you need to follow a strict preventative protocol. You can look at the Top 5 questions for ways of preventing recurrent thrush.
I presume that your pap smears have been normal.

1