Question
Posted by: Shanna | 2010/07/27

Bleeding after sex

I am a 50 year old woman who still has a very regular menstrual cycle. I have not been in a sexual relationship for about 12 years but was recently lucky enough to meet a very special man. Two days ago we had sex for the first time and although I experienced no pain whatsoever I am now bleeding.
I bled a little after having sex and then just spotted the next day but now 2 days later I seem to be bleeding a little.
Could this just be because I have not had sex for so long or should I be worrying ?
I do have an appointment to see my Gynae at the beginning of October ..... Should I plead for an earlier appointment or could this be nothing to worry about ?
Thanks !

The likeliest cause would be that there was some dryness and trauma. Next time try using KY jelly.

1