Question
Posted by: Fletch | 2012/06/07

Bleeding after IUI

Would just like to know

I went for my first IUI this morning, and when I got home saw that I was bleeding. So far it has lasted all day. What I am wondering is whether this bleeding could wash out the sperm from my cervix and there for prevent pregnancy? Also where is the blood actually coming from, is it coming from inside the cervix, or is it mainly from the opening of the cervix and caused by irritation. I have searched the internet, but cant seem to find a clear answer.

Also want to ask, I have read that the HCG trigger shot can stay in your system for a while and could give false positives. How soon after 250microgram shot can I test and be sure the result is correct?

The bleeding is most likely due to irritation of th4e cervix from the procedure. It will not interfere with the sperm getting to the uterus. This occurs in seconds. You should wait at least 14 days before testing.

1