Posted by: worried_mom | 2009-03-22

Bleeding after intercourse, pregnant

I am 12- 14 weeks pregnant with my fourth baby. Everytime after intercourse ( 1-2* a week) I experience bleeding. Yesterday during intercourse it felt a bit uncomfortbale and there was quite a bit of blood. My whole vagina was also cramping for a while thereafter. It has stopped now. I had an ultrasound 2 weeks ago and everything is also fine with the baby. What could be wrong as I never experienced bleeding in pregnancy b4.

It may be that there is a raw area on the cervix , which is not serious, but it could also be that there is a pregnancy problem such as a low lying placenta. Avoid intercourse till you have seen your doctor again.

Posted by: Buhle | 2009-03-24

I am 6 weeks pregnant with my first baby i also experienced the same thing i went for an altrasound yesterday and everything seems to be fine but I was only spotting brown and pinkish.

Good Luck!

Reply to Buhle
Posted by: Nix | 2009-03-23

I know that spotting after intercourse during pregnancy is normal. Not sure about the heavy bleeding.

Reply to Nix
Posted by: mana | 2009-03-23

stop the act, if you are bleeding then you cant have sex, go to your gynae and have yourself checked again,

Reply to mana