Posted by: confused!!! | 2009-02-17

bleeding after intercourse

My bf and I hadn' t has sex for a while (about a month or so), and on saturday we woke up and jumped each other (so to speak). He wasn' t rough, and it didn' t hurt at all during sex. My privates hurt a little after, they felt a bit swollen and stung a bit when I went to the loo.
My problem is, on the monday morning I woke up and was bleeding from my privates. I' m pretty sure it isn' t a period, as I had one about 2 weeks ago, and it isn' t that kinf of blood. It isn' t bleeding heavily, only seeping, and it' s a brighter blood than usual.
Is it possible that I' m bleeding from having sex? If yes, then what do I do? My lower stomach area hurts, not badly but with shooting pains.

Bleeding should always be checked out by a professional medical practitioner – GP/Gynecologist. There could be several reasons for bleeding – and it is always better to be safe rather than sorry. The fact that you are complaining of bleeding and pain furthermore stresses the need to have it checked out. It could be something not severe but rather know what you are dealing with than remain guessing.

A website that could be helpful is You are welcome to phone the SASHA Helpline – 0860 100 262; and a facilitator will be able to assist you in finding a practitioner as close as possible to you.