Question
Posted by: anne | 2008/12/08

Bleeding after intercourse

Goodmorning,
I had a LETZ of my cervix in September. Recently I have started
bleeding after intercourse, I do not experience any pain or discomfort during intercourse but i still bleed, sometimes only for the evening and sometimes for upto 3 days after. The blood is dark brown in colour. At first I thought it could be my period but it has happened to often now to be that. My medical aid has run out so I do not want to visit a Dr unneccesarily. Any advise please?

It is probably because you have a raw area on the cervix. This can be cauterised, but is not serious or urgent.