Posted by: snowy | 2009-02-17

Bleeding after bad bladder infection

Hi. the last 8 days i had a very bad bladder infection, it was so bad i couldn' t walk or sit.My doc put me on what he says is a strong dose of anti biotics. the meds helped and the infection is gone now. but this morning when i went to the bathroom there was a little blood in my urine... is that normal after such a bad infection or should i be worried? i read that sometimes people confuse bladder infection with vaginal infection... can this be the case? PLEASE HELP :(

Dear Snowy
Vaginal bleeding you will see on the toilet paper when you wipe the vagina area, blood in the urine will usually be seen in the urine itself and the bladder will be tender, urine may burn. One can get a type of cystitis where the inside of the bladder becomes raw due to inflammation. Blood in the urine or stool is never normal. Rather go for a follow up examination at your doctor if this is not a normal menstruation bleed.