Question
Posted by: Therese | 2012-02-16

Bleeding

Good day –  I wonder if you can help me. I am having some bleeding problems.
And after my pregnancy even more. To give you a little bit of history.

My menstruation use to last anything from 5 –  7 days (but very very heavy). From about age 13 –  23. It then became heavier and would last up to 10 days. I went to see a specialist after I started fainting and getting heart palpitations. It turned out that I have anemia. I received treatment for the anemia and was refereed to another specialist to get the bleeding sorted out. We tried an oral contraceptive Jasmine –  but it would clear up the bleeding for a week and then start all over again. We then tried a mirena, which stopped the bleeding. I had the mirena for about 18 months and I then removed it as we wanted to try and get pregnant. It took us about a year to fall pregnant. Fell pregnant, had my son via a c section and the bleeding basically just hasn’ t stopped and it is now 5 months later.
Chatted to my gynecologist in January and she put me on Femodene now. The bleeding stopped for 2 days and it has now been 3 weeks and I am still bleeding. I phoned her and she said that I must just stay on it. I don’ t know what to do anymore. This is starting to affect everything I do. It is dark blood with clots.
We don’ t want to put another mirena in just yet as we would like to try for baby 2 in a year or so and it is quite pricey.

What should I do?

I am not sure what to advise you. You could try the Nuristerate injection though this has a delay of about 6 months in return to fertility. Otherwise maybe you wil have to pay for the Mirena even if it is for a short time as this seemed to help.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-02-20