Posted by: bleeder | 2011-11-02

hi doc

I got married last week and all week before the wedding I had spot vaginal bleeding. wasnt sure if it was periods or the cause of the switch of contraceptives as I was on the yaz pill for 1 course, switched to evra patches then back to yaz after I bled thru the patch while wearing my third patch.

I had sex for the 1st time on sunday night and bled alot obv due to my hymen breaking. since sunday I bleed in spots and stages I never know what to expect

is this normal? should I still be bleeding? even when I wipe myself theres light blood on the tissue.

please advise if this is cause for concern

It is not a cause for concern but I do suggest that you consult a gynaecologist for an examination and ultrasound. It is possible that your abnormal vaginal bleeding is due to the oral contraceptive and you might need a stronger oral contraceptive, to control your menstrual cycle.