Posted by: *Minx* | 2011-10-04

Hi, just want to find out, every now and then i start to bleed after having sex with my partner? is this normal?

Dear Minx,

It is very difficult to reply comprehensively and completely to your question with the limited detail you give.

It is possible that if a couple does engage in expetionally vigorous and "aggressive" sex and the woman experiences abrasions and slight tearing etc that some bleeding occurs. It is also possible that at times sex can occur at the time that the women's menstruation is about to start and the early signs of spotting occurs that she could notice some bleeding.

I would suggest that you do consider a general gynae assessment if you have not had one recently just to be absolutely sure.

Posted by: prof smith | 2011-10-04

Well bleeding could be as a result of the fact that you may be dry. Consult the gynae in this regard.

Reply to prof smith