Posted by: Coco | 2011-05-05

Hi, I have a concern and would like some advise. Me and my husband had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation (yes, we are trying to have a baby). After the first intercouse, I had very light vaginal bleeding which stopped after a day or so. However, about 3 days later we had intercourse again, and I havent stopped bleeding since.

The bleeding varies in quantity from very little to about enough for it to look as if my period is about to start. I have no abdominal pain and the " blood"  is brownish/pinkish in colour, with no foul odour.

What could be the cause of this? I haven''t been able to take time off from work to go to the doctor :(

Unfortunately, it is important to consult your gynaecologist. It is possible that you have infection or irritation of the cervix which is causing the bleeding. The abnormal bleeding will have to be addressed, as it can have an influence on your fertility.