Question
Posted by: Girly | 2011-01-20

bleeding

Just my medical history:
2008 –  I had 7 fibroids removed and thereafter dr diagnosed hpv which I suspect I contracted late 2007. My last visit to gynae was September 2010 and she said I should not worry its still well managed.
On that visit to the gynae she removed a cyst which was non cancerous or anything.
Im on the Norynill contraceptive pill, apparently it helps prevent fibroids from growing fast –  there’ s another one growing! And it is also to manage my periods as I am iron deficient and get painful periods.
I have not been sexually active since my visit to the gynae if that’ s relevant.
I started menstruating last week monday and it went on for 4 days then there was nothing on day 5 and day 6. On day 7 usually there would be some light blood but not really spotting. So I am used to this BUT the difference this time is that it has not stopped , im on day 11 and it is sort of getting heavier and im cramping a little bit and there are cloths.
Should I be worried? Do you suggest I make an appointment with the gynae or can a GP do something for me, like do some tests? Or is this normal in some cycle? I am 31. Thanks so much

As this is the first time it has happened, I would suggest that you just wait and see if it settles. It could be related to the fibroid and, if it persists, you should see your gynaecologist agian.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-01-24