Posted by: Worried. | 2010-11-28

Im on Nuvaring for a while now. I''ve put them in and taken them out every 4 weeks on time and this past week in a half I''ve been bleeding. Between lightly and medium bleeding. It''s also a bright red. I took the Nuvaring out today and put a pad on. I was supposed to wait til the 8th but I took it out. What should happen next?

You are suppose to insert the ring for a period of three weeks, remove it for a period of one week, in order to experience a normal menstrual cycle. If you replace it every four weeks, you will experience abnormal bleeding. You should leave it out for a week now and replace it with a new one for a period of three weeks.

Refer to the following link: