Posted by: Lynn | 2009-12-11

Im writting to you hoping you can help me,gynea doc does not answer our questions,anyway

Ive started using depo as a contraceptive,i had my injection while i was on my period,on that day my period seemed to stop,but the next day i started spotting,it happend and stopped ,eversince that day i spot at least 3 times a day,when im aroused i will just start spotting,when im running at the gym,it also happens,i dont know what to do? what could the problem be ,am i at any risk,its been happening for a month now,please help?

You are at no risk and I suggest that you have another injection of depo to stop the spotting. If this does not work, you will have to try another form of contraception. The Mirena implant works very well but unfortunately, it is quite expensive. Oral tablets are also very effective but spotting can also occur, as well as menstrual abnormalities.

Please do not hesitate to post another question.