Question
Posted by: Esmarie | 2009-11-25

Bleeding

When I go to the toilet with a no 2, there is quite a bit of fresh blood. This has been the case in the last month. It is definately not menstrual blood and I do not have any spotting on my underwear. It only happens when I have the need to go the loo. I am quite concerned, but are to scared to go to a doctor. Can you just tell me what it could be. I am on no special medication and is just taking some over the counter vitamins. I am 42 and have always been a bit overweight. I never had children and is married. No abrnomal sex and definately no sex there. I have some work stress and have some lower stomach pain. Not much else is wrong. I do not have excessive need to go the loo like in the case of bladder infection and there is not always blood if I only have a pee, sometimes, though.
Could you please send me an answer to the e-mail above.

Kind regards

Hallo Esmarie
Unfortunately I can't send emails from the forum. If the blood is just on the paper when you wipe, and you feel a soft swelling at the anus opening, it is probably a bleeding hemorroid. If the blood drips into the toilet, is mixed with the stool, and more than a dessert spoon in volume it may come from inside the bowel and then you must please rather see a doctor. For Hemorroids one can use something like Proctocedyl.
Dr bets

2
Posted by: Esmarie | 2009-11-26

Thank you very much - I will attend to that.

Reply to Esmarie
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-11-25

Hallo Esmarie
Dr bets

Reply to cyberdoc