Question
Posted by: post menopausal | 2009/11/05

Bleeding

Good morning

I am just a bit concerned. I am 55 yrs old. I have not had a period for the past 3 yrs. I am very healthy and have had no symptoms of menopause. Also not on any replacement therapy.

Last night I started bleeding, just like a normal period. 2 weeks ago I had breast tenderness, like before a period. Also noticed a slight white discharge.

Just wondered whether this is serious or only just a hormone thing. I dont want to go to to my gynie, unless I must. My pap smear was done 3 months ago, and it was fine.

It could be serious and it is important to see your gynaecologist to see what the problem is.

1