Question
Posted by: Anon | 2009-11-02

Bleeding

a week ago i had a very restless night sleep due to severe vaginal pains. It continued for about 4 hours before i got up to investigate with a mirror. My Urethra was extremely swollen and was bleeding, i think there was a little bit of puss. It was completely different blood to what you would find during menstruation and was definately coming from the urethra.. After cleaning the area i used the toilet and there was no blood in my urine and no burning sensation. The pain and bleeding continued a little while longer than completely went away, after three days the swelling had completey gone down as well. There was no warning before hand, like itching or discomfort, only slight sensitivity the day before it happened. I am on the pill, but had no been sexually active for atleast a week before the incident.

What happened? Is there need to worry. Also i have never been to a gynae, i' m 20 and have been sexually active for 3years with 1partner. how often do i need to go to a gynae?

I can't say what this is, but you do need to have gynae check-ups when you start being sexually active. The frequency depends on a number of things, including any illnesses that you may be at risk for, etc.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2009-11-05