Question
Posted by: Kay | 2009/07/31

Bleeding

Good day Doc
My 5 year old son bleeds after he as passed a stool. Not sure if the stool is too hard when it passes but he' ll bleed when you wipe him. I have given him some laxette to soften the stool. It' s always a painful process and he sits long. Can there be need for concern?
Kay

Kay

Your child most probably suffers from constipation and I suggest that you consult a doctor to assess if there is aggrevating causes for this. Use the Laxette, twice daily for at least one week but it will be a good idea to take your son to a doctor.