Question
Posted by: Worried | 2009-06-12

Bleeding

Morning Doc,

I' d like to know if I should be stressing about anal bleeding. I' ve read about it (haemochozia). Its been coming and going and now it just wont leave, there is now more and more blood. I have also had 15 days of uninterupted nose bleeding, I' m getting very worried needless to say. I have always had chronic nose bleeds, but now worry that I could possibly have intestinal cancer. I do lift heavy weights, so the thought of it being hemoroids (sorry) is a possibility. Please note, I am only 24. Thank you...

I strongly suggest that you consult a gastroenterologist urgently, in order to have a colonoscopy and a gastroscopy done, to rule out any pathology.