Posted by: Wilma | 2008-12-09

Hi There. I am 9 weeks pregnant with my first one. I had a stomach bug last week ans started bleeding quite a bit. I consultanted my gynea he did a scan and he says the baby is fine and put me on Duphaston tablet for my hormones. The bleeding stopped after a day. I have been taken the hormone tablet but I started bleeding again yesterday. I spoke to my gynea again and he told me that I should only come see him again if the bleeding increases. Which it hasn' t. I also have no cramps. Is this normal?

It isn't really normal, but there isn't anything else that can be done, other than to watch things. You should rest and avoid intercourse.

Posted by: Ricky | 2008-12-10

Hi Wilma

Any bleeding should be taken seriously especially when one is pregnant/ It is advisable to go back to you gynae for a check up. If not taken seriously go to another gynae for a 2nd opinion.

Take care

Reply to Ricky
Posted by: sasa | 2008-12-09

Hi Wilma
i think you must ask ur gynae to do a scan, i was was bleeding for 2 weeks and i did not take it seriously. On the 04 Dec, i miscarried at 5 weeks please ask ur gynae to check

Reply to sasa