Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2008/08/20

Bleeding

I have been on hormone treatment about a week back for a week and a half.Donating eggs so medication was for follicle stimulation.Since Friday i have been having light bleeding every now and then during the day.This has happened from sat.up until today.My period is only due next monday.
Is this bleeding normal- due to the meds i was taking or could there be something wrong?

Hi Kelly
this could be a breakthrough bleed due to the hormones. If not heavy and not painful, it is normally not dangerous. I don't know what hormones you used, so maybe just give your gyne a call and find out if this is a common side effect of what you have been using?