Question
Posted by: NN | 2010/03/14

Bleed after C/S

my daughter was born 8 mnth ago by c/s. I am still bleeding on/off. The amount is less and a lot of the time looks like spotting or even just a discharge. it varies in colour from red - brown - to dark - to light. i have used progesterone but am not good at taking pills. they do not seem to work - past use of progesterone for bleeding have not worked for me. i have started getting period like pains - not severe but there non the less and sometimes (not very often) sharp pains in my lower abdomen. thought it was wind, but relieving wind or anti spasmodics dont help. any suggestions as to a fixture without the use of long term hormones

Afraid not. The Pill may help if you have stopped breastfeeding.

1