Posted by: Chantelle | 2009-09-02

Bleading after intercourse

For the past year I have the problem that everytime me and my husband had intercourse I start bleeding the next day. The blood is very light in colour and doesn' t last long. Could you give me some advise please.

During intercourse small tears can occur due to friction. It might be that you are not lubricated enough when penetration occurs and that stretches and friction could occur and resulting in light bleeding. It would be advisable to either ensure that you are lubricated enough before penetration. If your body is not producing enough of its own lubrication – use some of the lubrications that are readily available on the market to assist. It is however always recommendable to seek professional advice from your medical doctor if you experience any discomfort or are concerned.

You are also welcome to contact our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted to get in touch with a therapist as close a possible to you.

Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: