Question
Posted by: Me | 2010/02/11

Blatt procedure

How long is the usual ' lifespan'  of a Blatt procedure. I had one done on my left hand in the mid 90' s and its been fine until now. A few weeks ago I started experiencing pain in my thumb again, and it got so bad that I basically couldn' t use my hand. I didn' t have time to see the hand specialist, and in the meantime it improved quite a bit. Thumb is still sore where it joins the wrist and limited mobility. What should I do?

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

The lifespan of a Blatt procedure can vary a lot. The least you should do is to have an X-ray of your hand to see what the thumb joint is doing. A hand specialist can then be consulted in due course to hear what the next step, if any is . Obviously , if you have little pain at present there is no rush to do it yet
REgards,

Dr de Beer

2
Posted by: LorencoNib | 2010/12/19

I need to contact site admin urgently. Can you understand me?
Hope for answer

Reply to LorencoNib
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/02/14

REgards,

Dr de Beer

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum