Question
Posted by: going nuts | 2011/10/04

blah blah blah

I live with someone who has a remark about almost everything we use or do! If we use things in the house, there''s always a remark or comment. This person also talks a heck of a lot, and tells us things that are of no relevance or importance to us. Its driving me nuts! I stopped smoking 15 years ago, now i''m back on nicorettes! lol! Is this an anxiety problem or control issues? Can you give me some idea? Thankyou very much!

Sounds like a very annoying and tiresome sort of person. Sometimes you can get your point across, by jumping in and asking them for comments before they can offer them, and preferably on points they will know they know nothing about. Like how to bring peace in the Middle East or solve the problem of the finances of Greece. Whenever they start up on something trivial, say " Oh, that's hardly important, is it, compared to your ideas on the Greek economu."
As for the nicotine, I guess you had formed a habit of turning to nicotine when stressed, expecting it to make you feel relaxed. Counselling would be more effective and lasting, and, in the end, cheaper.

2
Posted by: Romany | 2011/10/04

So you know my mother in law then? LOL

I love keeping quite and leaving her to do whatever she says she can do better. Then i sit back and wait for the stuff up.....

Reply to Romany