Posted by: ganny | 2009-03-18

Bladder/Kidney Pain

Have had pain - ache - bladder and right side - kidney? for 3weeks. Doc gave me a strong antibiotic first week. No improvement - went for abdomen scan - he said bladder not emptying properly that why reaccuring infectionand cyst on right Kidney which shouldnt do any harm. Doc took blood - showed many white blood cells - infection. Urine sample had protein in it, they did a culture to see what bacteria and found nothing. Urine seems to have an " oily film"  all the time. Doc says all fine but I stil have this ache. Any suggestions?? Thanks.

Dear Ganny
I think you need to be referred to an urologist. If the bladder is not emptying properly you will constantly get infections - this needs to be treated either by stretching the urine tube or using medication. Protein in the urine can be an indication of Kidney disease and need to be examined further. If high white cell count in blood you still have underlying infection - could be TB, which will give you a "clean" urine test.