Question
Posted by: TJEFF | 2008/11/04

BLADDER PROBLEMS

HI - WONDER IF YOU COULD PLEASE HELP - LATELY I HAVE BEEN HAVING THE FEELING THAT I AM BURSTING AND WHEN I GO TO THE LOO I CANNOT PASS URINE - I TRICKLE - AND IT BURNS DOWN THERE - NOT WHEN I AM URINATING BUT NORMALLY - THE FEELING OF BEING BURSTING IS CONSTANT - I HAVE SEEN MY DOCTOR AND SHE SAYS IT IS A IRRITABLE BLADDER - BUT I HAVE DONE SOME RESEARCH AND I DONT PASS URINE OFTEN - I HAVE THE FEELING THAT I WANT TO PASS URINE OFTEN - BUT DO NOT - SHE HAS DONE A TEST ON MY URINE AND SAYS THERE IS NO INFECTION - AND A LITTLE BIT OF BLOOD WHICH SHE THOUGHT WAS THRUSH - COULD YOU PLEASE ADVISE ME AND ADVISE WHAT I CAN TAKE - SHE PRESCRIBED BUSCOPAN AND THE CHEMIST GAVE ME BEVISPAS WHICH I HAVE BEEN TAKING AS WELL - PLEASE HELP - IT IS SO ANNOYING ESPECIALLY AT WORK

Dear Tjeff
An irritable bladder is a bladder that is sensitive to small volumes of urine - in other words it reacts on 5 ml of urine in the bladder as if there is 500 ml in the bladder. The blood in the urine needs a follow up as it can be a sign of kidney disease. I would suggest that you see an urologist for further examination - you may need to have a cystoscopy ( they look into the bladder with a scope under anaesthetic) or a urinating cystogram ( where they measure the flow of the urine and the volume)