Question
Posted by: Anon | 2008-11-11

Bladder problem in pregnancy

I am 25 weeks pregnant. What I'  d like to know, is if it'  s normal when you sneeze, cough or laugh that you wet your pants (only a few drops though)
Or do you think I have a bladder problem?

Dear Anon
The pregnant uterus can press on your bladder and cause leaking in the last few months of pregnancy. Try to do Kegel exercises ( on an empty bladder!) Kegel Exercises: Tighten the muscles of the pelvic floor as if you are stopping a stream of urine. Try this at frequent intervals for ten seconds at a time, four or five times in a row. Performing these exercises may help cut down on urine leakage.
Empty your bladder regularly and wear pantyliners to keep you dry.