Question
Posted by: Anna | 2012-01-15

Bladder lifting procedure

I am 70 years old, had 2 bladder lifting procedures already in a timespan of about 4 years, one of the support legs came loose and are now pressing against my vagina, I have to go for the same procedure again for the same doctor to correct it again. It is very uncomfortable at times and a bit painful, can it cause any damage or infection or harm me in any other way as I really dont feel up to having the same surgery done for the third time now, and what will the chances be of it being successful this time? Please advise if this is really necessary or if it is possible to carry on without having to go through surgery again, can it cause any other problems or damage, please advise urgently, thanking you.

Anna

Besides being very uncomfortable, you can develop a condition where the bladder pushes down and out through the vagina, causing chronic bladder infections with a possibility of urinary stones and cancer of the bladder. The condition will only worsen over time and it will be best to address the problem as soon as possible. You are within your right for a second opinion but it will be beneficial to stay with the current surgeon.

2
Posted by: Moedeloos | 2012-01-16

My man het ''n slegte smmak in sy mond en sy spoeg is dik. Hy het sy eetlus verloor en ook baie gewig.Daar is al baie toetse gedoen maar hulle kon geen fout vind nie. Sy vals tande het'' ''n " relined"  gekry. Ons het gedink dit is dalk dit wat die rubber smaak veroorsaak. Hy het egter die tande vir 2 dae nie gedra nie en smaak bly maar daar. Die smmak is ook in sy baanste verhemelte. Ons is bekommerd want hy verloor te veel gewig.

Reply to Moedeloos
Posted by: anon | 2012-01-16

My mom had the bladder repair op more than twice too in her life. The last occasion it wasn''t successful but she was 9 years older than yourself.

Straight after her bladder op she unfortunately suffered a huge shock and trauma from a burglary.

Are you overweight? Do you do kegel exercises?

You should go to your Gynae/Urologist for a physical checkup and test your urine for infections. Do you have any pain?

Don''t wait, rather have it seen to as soon as possible.

All the best.

Reply to anon