Posted by: Priya | 2009-09-29

Bladder Infections

Hi there doc! For the past couple of months I' ve been getting alot of bladder infections and urinary tract infections (not sure if both are the same), I have a good family doctor who always treated me well. But after I get better, a week or 2 later I end up getting a bladder infection again. My doctor says It' s common in woman and can also be caused by stress. My question is..will taking all this medication for treating the infection affect me in the long run and is there a possibily that my body can get immuned to these antibiotics? Is it normal for me to keep getting these infections? And is there some kind of specialist that I need to see if this pattern continues...Thanks in advance:-)

You will developed resistance to the medication in the long run and I do suggest that you consult a urologist to exclude a sinister cause for the re-current infections.