Posted by: Jen | 2008-11-12

bladder infections

I have sexual intercourse with 1 person only, yet get regular bladder infections. Even with a condom. i wash before and after sex, and this still does not help.please can you assist me ?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Jen
Bladder infections can be caused by a lot of different causes - it could be that your bladder does not empty properly, that you have a small stone somewhere in the system that breeds bacteria, or that you wipe the wrong way round when you go to the toilet! The best way to manage this is to have your urine tested by a lab every time you get a bladder infection to see what germ causes it, if this is positive on culture more than 3 times in a given year, it is an indication that you need to see an urologist to try and find the cause of the bladder infections. If no cause can be found, you can take antibacterial medication to try and prevent recurring infections.