Posted by: Pregnant | 2009-09-08

Bladder infection or thrush

Hi Cyberdoc
I am 14weeks pregnant and yesterday had a very irritable bladder that I felt like I had to go all the time and nothing would come out. I have been to the pharmacy and have taken some citro soda to see if that will help. It has helped with the irritable bladder, but now I am feeling quite itchy like I am getting thrush. Can thrush irritate your bladder? If it is not better by tomorrow I will visit my doctor for a prescription, unless I can take an over the counter rememdy for thrush and continue with the citro soda?
thanks very much!

Dear Pregnant
One can be more prone to urine tract infections during pregnancy, and it can be bad for you and the baby, as the infections spread more easily to the kidneys in pregnancy. Rather have the urine tested and let your doctor look for signs of thrush, as one should not use unnecessary medications during pregnancy.

Im 32 and after i gave birth to my daughter 5 years ago, i've been suffering from itchy vigana, and drank flagyl 2 years back now im very dry and my vagina tastes very sour but with no smell. Even my sex drive is very poor Help!