Posted by: danni | 2008-11-11

bladder infection or more?

Hi Doc,

I' ve been feeling very bloated and needing to urinate constantly. Often when I urinate only a trickle flows even though I feel as though i' m bursting. It has also been uncomfortable during intercourse.

I' ve been drinking citra soda 3 times a day for the past day. Will this clear it up? I don' t want to get antibiotics again as I have had 2 infections already this year that required antibiotcs. What else can I do do prevent infections? I have started taking cranberry tablets will this help?

I came off the pill in September and have not had a period since only spotting. should I do a pregnancy test just incase (although Ion' t think i' m ovulating)
When you are pregnant will there be an urge to urinate frequently and when would this start?

Thanks for your help!

The most likely thing is a urinary tract infection. If you have had a number of previous UTI's , you should see a urologist to find out why these are recurring.
This does not sound like pregnancy related frequency. You could do a pregnancy test just to be sure, but it is more likely to be a hormonal adjustment to stopping the Pill.

Posted by: zooboffesee | 2008-12-08

Reply to zooboffesee
Posted by: ElallDimb | 2008-12-07

Reply to ElallDimb
Posted by: ereteinvise | 2008-12-07

Reply to ereteinvise
Posted by: Rincskync | 2008-12-07

Reply to Rincskync
Posted by: Unfadrart | 2008-12-07

Reply to Unfadrart
Posted by: Paydaycop | 2008-12-07

Reply to Paydaycop
Posted by: ToorcrogErume | 2008-12-06

Reply to ToorcrogErume