Question
Posted by: Ilse Doonan | 2011-11-21

Bladder infection 4 days before menstruation every month!

My daughter, age 14, gets a bladder infection 4-5 days before her period every month. I treat her with over the counter meds, one time a pharmacist prescribed for me at 10pm. I presume bladder because I dont want to subject her to a gynae appt. just yet. We have tested her urine - acidic, and she is quite itchy. HELP

It is more likely that this is thrush, which sometimes happens in relation to periods. A urine sample will show whether or not it is a bladder infection. The treatment for thrush is Canesten cream and probiotics can help prevent it.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-11-28