Posted by: Anne | 2012-02-13

Bladder Infection

Dear Dr. Anrich

Is it possible for ones blood pressure to go up to 180/90 when one has a bladder infection? Normally its about 130/75

Will taking only citric soda clear the infection or do I have to go to the doctor. There is no burning only pain in the abdomen and urgency to urinate and feeling very tired and not well.
I had the same symptoms a year ago also after swimming in the public pools like now and the doctor gave me one sachet to put into water and it cleared up instantly but unfortunately I cant remember the name of the meds.
Appreciate your help thank you

Yes, it is possible for your blood pressure to increase, due to the infection. You should consult your doctor for a course of antibiotics as soon as possible or a single dose of Urizone sachets.