Question
Posted by: lynn | 2011/11/05

bladder infection

I was tested for a bladder infection a month ago and it was positive and I was given a course of anti-biotics which did not help. I then 2 weeks later got another course of anti-biotics which has also done nothing. I am not burning but the pain is a heavy uncomfortable feeling at the bottom of my abdomen and I have to really concentrate and force the urine out at times. It is really uncomfortable at times . When I go to the gym and do stomach excercize it is uncomfortable. My stomach is often bloated as well. I am 43 years old and have had irregular periods for the past 3 years in fact the 1 year I only got it for 2x the whole year. I often feel extremely hot for a few minutes and then it subsides and then returns again, and I sometimes feel dizzy and get lots of headaches. People say I''m too young to have menopause yet is this true. Please can you advise me

There are two possibilities with regard to the tummy pain. The one is that you don't have a bladder infection but something else causing the pain. The other is that you have a bladder infection with a bug resistant to the antibiotics that you used. The way to sort this out is to send a urine sample to the lab for culture.
In terms of the periods, if you have not had a period for more than 6 months, you could be menopausal. This can be checked with a blood test.

1