Question
Posted by: K | 2009/10/14

Bladder infection

Hi. Can probiotics be used to help clear bladder infection?

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Dear K

At the moment there are no probiotics that are proven to eradicate a bladder infection, however there is evidence that some may be beneficial in helping to prevent the risk of bladder infections, and to restore your normal bacterial flora after antibiotic treatment.

Look for a probiotic that contains strains such as Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1 and Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14 to help maintain a healthy urogenital flora.

2
Posted by: Yolanda | 2010/02/15

I have been getting bladder infection for a couple of years know, it comes and go but since last week I had it for the longest period ever cause it normally last 2days, it lasted for 7days and I had some lower back pains with it. My friend advice me to try honey and cinnamon and it helped but what can I do to prevent this it is really not nice to have these bladder infection their was a time that I would see light blood after using the toilet and horrible pain with it. Help

Reply to Yolanda
Posted by: Probiotics Expert | 2009/10/23

Dear K

Reply to Probiotics Expert