Posted by: Celeste | 2009-03-04

Bladder Infection

Dear Doc,

I think i have a bladder infection AGAIN. I had one at the end of december which i left for a week then i went to the doc who gave me antibiotics and spoornox. Now it seems like those symptoms are back. It feels like there are thorns on the entrance of my vaginal if i touch it there, and i have extreme discomfort and its very itchy..... i am not on medical aid so i cant afford to go to the doctor again.. and spoornox is SO expensive. I have noticed drinking extra lots of water takes away the burn when i wee. Is there anything else it can be? Or is there any other thing i can do to ease it... citrus soda?

Hi Celeste
Have your urine tested at the pharmacy - it is much cheaper. The sister can then give you some medication for the bladder. Generic canesten cream is cheaper than sporanox - you just have to use for at least 7-10 days

Posted by: FG | 2009-03-04

Try douching with Bulgaric yoghurt it really helps!!!

Reply to FG
Posted by: LIZ | 2009-03-04

Hi celeste, ek het die selle probleem met my blaas, ek het nou gyna guard gekry (4 capsules) en die vaginal wash. probeer dit dit kos vir alby net onder R100.00.

Reply to LIZ