Question
Posted by: Sylvia | 2008/08/01

Bladder infection

Hi, I got symptoms of a bladder infection (pain, urgency and blood) on Sun. morning and went to the Dr who diagnosed me with it. I was given a 5 day course of antibiotics, which finished yesterday. Although it is now much better, in that there is no pain, no blood and less urgency, my bladder and urethra still feel sensitive. Is this normal?

Sylvia

Please refer to my answer on your second post.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2008/08/01

You probably had a bad infection and it will take a day or so to settle down. Well done for not ignoring it and going to the doc for antibiotic treatment and not being " macho"  in trying to self-treat it. Believe me there are people out there who think they can treat bad bladder infections themselves without antibiotic treatment and then wonder why " they suddenlly have these deteriorating"  symptoms!

Reply to anxious