Question
Posted by: Kish | 2008/07/31

Bladder infection

I recently had gynaecological surgery, five weeks later I picked a Urinary Tract infection, how do I treat this.

With antibiotics. You will need a prescription from your doctor.

4
Posted by: anxious | 2008/08/01

All you have to do to confirm whether or not you have a bladder infection is to hand in a urine test, you dont even have to go to the gynae, just phone the rooms and say you want to hand in a urine test at the lab he/she uses and phone for the results. Its as simple as that and saves you the cost of a possible expensive, unnecessary gynae visit! It also puts your mind at ease whether or not you will need any antibiotic treatment. Untreated UTI' s can very quickly develop into kidney infections which are far more diffuclt to treat.

Just ask for an MC& S urine test. Its really no hassle. You can even have the test done through your gp' s rooms.

Reply to anxious
Posted by: Me | 2008/08/01

Tr ydrinking alot of water as well as Citro soda.. really helps...

Reply to Me
Posted by: Lola | 2008/08/01

For the Urinary Tract Infection (sypmtoms of which are burning urine and cloudy urine or some blood in urine), Its beast to see your doc for antibiotics to treat the infection. If not treated you may have serious complication later on and spread to your kidneys.

Reply to Lola
Posted by: Chan | 2008/07/31

i have had burning urine for a week now, what could it be from, also my vagina is red and burning around the walls?

Reply to Chan