Question
Posted by: Hettie Fritz | 2010/08/26

Bladder incontenince

Tuesday I went to the doctor for bladder incontenince. I was given medication at my request(lyrinel). But was also told I need a operation. The bladder needs to be lifted. What will happen if I don''t go for the operation? How risky is the operation? What will the cost be. My symptoms. I can not hold till I am at the loo. Urge incontenince.Is the operation a necessity? What is the succes rate of the operation. I had a historectomy and the bladder was lifted, but my body rejected that. I am 57 years old, female, might be diabetic. No medical aid.

Hallo Hettie
There are various causes of incontinence - either the bladder is over sensitive and contracts even though it is not full, or the bladder was damaged during childbirth and the valve doesn't close properly (there is a "sling" that makes the valve work well and if that is not tight enough, you may leak)See this article:http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/uiwomen/
Your doctor needs to determine if an operation is necessary. Most of the operations are successful but there is a risk of relapse.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/26

Hallo Hettie