Question
Posted by: billy | 2010-07-15

bladder and prostrate cancer

Dear Doc, my father has just been diagnosed with cancer in the bladder and prostrate, and he has to have surgery. My concern is, wont the surgery spread the cancer and after surgery do people generally have to have chemo or radiation therapy. Thank you for your time.

Dear Billy
The treatment considered,depends on what stage the cancer is. Usually if it is contained in one place, they will do surgery and do chemo/radiation afterwards to prevent any inadvertant spreading of cancer cells. They will not usually operate if the cancer is widely spread, but will then only give chemotherapy.

2
Posted by: Nicolene | 2010-07-19

Dear Dr Berts
my father has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and the doc rate it 14% is it high ore can it be cure.The doc gave him three options wich inc surgery / external radiotherapy wich one do you think is you best choice as a doctor .And will it not be complicated cause he got type two diabetes and life on insulin.
Thank you for your time much Dr Bets much appreciated
Nicolene

Reply to Nicolene
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-07-16

Dear Billy