Posted by: Monique Petersen | 2012-05-16

Good day, over the last two months, I''ve started having problems with my bladder. I am very thirsty all the time so I tend to drink a lot of water resulting in going to the bathroom a lot. Two months ago I started feeling pain in my pelvic area and burning during urination. I assumed it was a bladder or urinary infection as did the doctor who diagnosed me and it was treated as such. After a few weeks when the symptoms continued, I went to see a urologist. He did a scan and an internal sonar and told me my bladder looks fine but that he can see a cyst on my womb. He assumed that was causing pressure on my bladder and asked me to go see my gynaecologist. I went to see the gynae with a note from the urologist. Upon examination, he told me that there is a cyst but that it wasnt big enough for me to worry and that it is normal during ovulation. So basically I went to see two specialist who both say I''m ok, but I can feel that I''m not. I sometimes experience pain in my bladder especially when I am pressed. I often feel the need to urinate but small drops come out and the need to urinate remains urgent. Please advise what I should do next as I was sure the urologist would pick something up

It is possible that you are suffering from an overactive bladder. I suggest that you reconsult the urologist and explain to him that your symptoms have not improved.